Interested in exhibiting at Crossings?
Are you an artist seeking a venue for selling your work? We may be the right place for you. Whether you are an emerging artist or a long-established professional, we encourage your inquiry. Crossings welcomes new art and artists to our space. We most frequently showcase the talents of regional artists, but we have exhibited works by artists from around the country and even overseas.
We display and sell paintings, pastels, prints, glasswork, beadwork, felted and fabric pieces, fiber art, ceramics, metalwork, woodcraft, sculptures and more. Our gallery and gift shop are an eclectic mix of the beautiful, whimsical, intelligent and creative
There are several ways artists can gain entry our gallery space:
- several times a year Crossings holds juried art fairs.
- two themed group exhibits during the year. These are juried and have an entry fee of $15.
- curated exhibits, generally showing works by two complementary artists and lasting approximately 6 weeks each.
To be considered for a curated show email us at least five images of your recent work, along with an artist bio/ statement, and a website address if you have one. Or you may contact us to set up another means to submit pieces for consideration.
Artists can expect extensive exposure during their exhibit:
- Press releases to local and regional media
- 2000 postcards are printed and distributed (artists receive a portion for personal promotion)
- Our mailing lists exceed 4,500 individuals, households, and regional businesses.
- Zumbrota is ideally situated, pulling in audiences from Rochester, the Twin Cities and the surrounding area.
- Hundreds of people visit Crossings every week to shop, attend a class, concert, or other public event.
- An artists’ reception on a mutually agreed upon date.
Artwork for sale should be appropriately prepared for display –two-dimensional works must be ready for hanging– and priced to include our standard commission of 37%.
We prefer work be delivered by the artist, rather than shipped. At the conclusion of their exhibit, artists are invited to maintain a rotating selection of their work in the gallery. As seasons, exhibits and space demands change, we may need to rotate or return your unsold items. Your work is insured during the time it is on display at Crossings.
All works must be original. No manufactured items, or items created from kits or copied from published patterns will be accepted.
For more information, please contact Andrea Gates at (949)351-0525 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.